The place to come to wag more and bark less...


Monday, April 16, 2018

For Your Eyes Only

All About Sophie and Me (sic)


See the last few years of our lives together here:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/4BIV5OvcF31aGRuvCxLpOPdZ7gjeI8kT3Lvy4UkKgHr

Please disregard the two or three lovey-dovey greetings among the video clips. Out of deference to everyone's feelings and sense of privacy I prefer there were none at all. However, there have been others who have been part of our lives.

Given Sophie's familiarity and love for these people it was worth putting the clips in unedited until I can properly edit it. Though the principles of editing don't change much the technology that makes it possible does. So I'd like to think my college degree has been good for something in this regard. 

Nothing weird is intended by this toward anyone. I've merely created this for posterity and as a pleasant diversion one gray April evening and to show how wonderful our lives have been together. Sophie is always willing and able to show off her wild, prey-driven side in the high country, then later to her super-cool, calm and collected public service dog skills Sophie does it all with style. 

I'm justifiably proud of Sophie and the work we've (sadly) sometimes had to fight to do. But it's a fight worth taking on and, as long as I draw a breath I'll always fight to overcome my insecurities in order to employ my resolve as a legitimate and responsible service dog handler to help my vulnerable peers. 

Sophie is my family and I will fight if I must to do right by her. We've both been hurt too many times before together give up now. Anyone who has come to know us, whether other service dog/handler teams, K-9/handler teams or any of the countless strangers we've come to know here in Ft. Collins understands and has given us their full support. Please follow this link for some personal albeit raw kudos: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RmzIXoAi_ws

Perhaps one day no such conflicts will remain and all the barriers will fall. Until then, Sophie and I can always retreat to the great Colorado outback. If home truly is where your heart is, then that explains why we're so at home up there.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/4BIV5OvcF31aGRuvCxLpOPdZ7gjeI8kT3Lvy4UkKgHr

I wonder what tomorrow will bring us..! ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment